|5787541||Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 2U Rack Server - 1 x Intel Xeon Bronze 3106 Octa-core (8 Core) 1.70 GHz - 8 GB Installed DDR4 SDRAM - 120 GB Serial ATA/600 SSD - 12Gb/s SAS, Serial ATA/600 Controller - 1 x 750 W - 2 Processor Support - 3 TB RAM Support - Gigabit Ethernet||$4,344.05||Out of stock (check availability)||Add to basket|
Optimized for workload acceleration
The PowerEdge R740 was designed to accelerate application performance leveraging accelerator cards and storage scalability. The 2-socket, 2U platform has the optimum balance of resources to power the most demanding environments.
Expand and optimize application performance
The scalable business architecture of the R740 can scale up to three 300W GPU's or six 150W GPU's. With up to 16 2.5" drives or 8 3.5" drives the R740 provides the versatility to adapt to virtually any application and provides the perfect platform for VDI deployments.
- Scale your VDI deployments with 3 double-width GPUs, supporting up to 50% more users when compared to R730.
- Free up storage space using internal M.2 SSDs optimized for boot.
- Scale compute resources with Intel® Xeon® SP delivering a 27% increase in processing cores and 50% increase in bandwidth over previous generation of Xeon processors.
The Dell EMC OpenManage™ portfolio helps deliver peak efficiency for PowerEdge servers, delivering intelligent, automated management of routine tasks. Combined with unique agent-free management capabilities, the R740 is simply managed, freeing up time for high profile projects.
- Simplify management with the New OpenManage Enterprise™ console, with customized reporting and automatic discovery.
- Take advantage of QuickSync 2 capabilities and gain access to your servers easily through your phone or tablet.
Every PowerEdge server is designed as part of a cyber resilient architecture, integrating security into the full server lifecycle. The R740 leverages new security features built-into every new PowerEdge server strengthening protection so you can reliably and securely deliver accurate data to your customers no matter where they are. By considering each aspect of system security, from design to retirement, Dell EMC ensures trust and delivers a worry-free, secure infrastructure without compromise.
- Rely on a secure component supply chain to ensure protection from factory to the data center.
- Maintain data safety with cryptographically signed firmware packages and Secure Boot.
- Prevent unauthorized or malicious change with Server Lockdown.
- Wipe all data from storage media including hard drives, SSDs and system memory quickly and securely with System Erase.
Get in touch as we'll happily dig into this for you.
Customer ratings & reviews
Be the first to write a review